Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A Quilty Day off

Today was my day off and I was determined to spend it just as I wanted since my next day off won't be for 8 days.  I spent the day in my craft room working on quilts.  One of which is a Christmas mystery b.o.m for one of the quilt groups I belong to.  This is the first block for this one.  It was pretty detailed for me but I had a lot of fun with it.  I am still learning to press and match up my seams and points.








Now for a Celtic update

I've got a few more blocks put together today, I now have a total of 9 blocks.  


Next up was my "Round Robin" quilt.  This is the block I recieved from the quilt group to put a border on.  I have a idea what I want to do now to just make it happen.  I didn't like the first round so now I've started round two of it. 

I can't show you yet the border I put on it till the person who owns it gets it back don't want her getting snoopy and finding out what I did.  LOL  I loved the store she wrote that goes along with this.


Well that's it for tonight I need to head to bed.  

happy crafting




2 comments:

  1. My, you are a busy lady! Your BOM is so cute! Where did you find the directions? Is it free? If so, I would love to do a Christmas BOM. Glad to see your Celtic Stars coming along. When I was working on mine, I just stopped work on all other quilting when it came to putting the blocks together. Then I took a breather for a few days. After looking at all of those blocks and border strips, I felt so bad and spent the rest of the time not working on other things - just my Celtic Solstice quilt. Yeah! I finished it and it is gorgeous (my mother even says so). Your block exchange is interesting. I'm not sure I could trust someone else with my pieces. Well, if I knew they were a good quilter I could but only if I knew that before I started. Good luck on that and make sure you post the final top when you are finished with it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Debra for you comment. I messaged you my email in hangouts I would love to share something with you.

      Tina

      Delete