Monday, February 24, 2014

I'm BA A aaack!!!

Long time no blog so sorry but its been a crazy past few months.  But now that the remodel at the store I work at is over and I'm not working as many hours I can get back to my quilting and scrapbooking in my free time.  I've also started going back to the gym again.  Been a slacker on that!

So today I went and rode the stationary bike for 30 minutes.  Felt great to close my eyes with my head phones on and pretend I was on the trail.  I so can't wait till it's warm enough to ride.  My husband has our board with our goals for this year all set up.  Last year my goal was 500 miles and I rode 1200 ish.  This year Kevin doubled my goal and set it for 1000 for me and 1500 for himself.  Kevin got him a new bike and is planning to ride the rain ride so he will be really training hard for it.  I am planning on doing the reid ride again and may try the double one but we will see.  I'm not a strong rider but I do pretty good and just enjoy myself and that is what matters to me while trying to get healthier.

This is what my trail looked like a week ago.  Can't wait till the snow is gone


On the quilt front:  I've started working on my Celtic solstice mystery quilt again.  I now have 6 blocks completed.  


 I've made the center for the round robin I am in for a quilt group I've joined in Ohio.  I can't wait to see what the next person will be putting on it.



Today I cleaned up my cutting table.  Cutting down the scraps and putting them into the right drawers.  I cut my scraps in different sizes such as in 5", 2.50 and 2" squares.

My Birthday was a few days ago.  My sissy stopped by my work and brought me some balloons and a black kitty and a new pandora bracelet.  I love it sissy!!


I had a nice surprise my family met me at one of my favorite restaurants and my daughter sara bought me a card and star bucks gift card and my dinner.  Thank you sara.


Until next time I happy crafting!





4 comments:

  1. Your post reminded me of my husband and I. We also bicycle and he is more of a go getter. I just enjoy getting there eventually. I just finished the Celtic Solstice quilt. It was my first ever mystery and Bonnie Hunter quilt. It was a lot of work but I really enjoyed it. Yours is looking great. Will keep an eye out for the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my sight. Do you have a picture of yours posted? I love Bonnie's quilts.

      Thanks for stopping by my blog come visit again!

      Delete
  2. Your Celtic Solstice is looking good! Once you get to putting the blocks together, you can kind of "lose yourself" in the sewing. You'll be so happy with the quilt when you finish it. It is truly lovely. Your Round Robin quilt project looks like it will fun. Keep us posted so that we know what is going on. How many people get the top before you get it back? Will you be sharing what you are adding to someone else's quilt? I'm sure that you are feeling the same way about last night's weather - glad we didn't get any more snow than we did. Let's hope Spring is just a few weeks away. Maybe a stationary bike is what I need; a treadmill was just too boring (couldn't read while on the treadmill). I think I could still read while on the bike. Good luck on your goal. Also, happy belated birthday! Your grandchildren as so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you Treadmills are slow and boring and harder on your bones. You should see me when I'm on the stationary bike at the gym LOL I have my head phones on listening to music and catching up on Bonnies blogs on my tablet or looking a quilt or scrapbook magazines. Very funny but hey it passes the time. I've not got much done on celtic again I'll get there eventually. I'm off work tomarrow so my plan is to sew sew sew!!!!!

      Delete