Wednesday, April 16, 2014

yesterday

I was off work yesterday.  It was quilt club day so I headed to my friend and quilt mentor, Linda's house who is a wonderful lady, new friend, and a great guilty mentor.  I am on a commitee with her and a few other lady's to create award (guilty) ribbons for our quilt show coming up in the fall.  My first time ever being involved in anything like this and I loved it.  We talked and had lunch and then got busy.  Linda taught me how to make the Dresden pattern.  I was bad and didn't think to take pictures yesterday but here is a sample of what I did, its not exactly but you get the idea.



To which Linda taught me not only a great way to put this pattern together but how to press and make it look nice.   OH and how to do rip the thing apart and do it over till I got it right   LOL!!!  I think it was something like 20 or maybe it was 30!!!  But in the end I got it right!!!  Or else she took pity on it and redid the whole thing after I left.  I had a quick lil dinner with her and then we headed to quilt club.

At club I shared my border quilt of the cats it turned out nice after I fixed the corner.  I shared a photo of it a few posts ago.  I also shared my star blocks that are for the Christmas Mystery quilt we are doing.


this is a pinned together block of what will be going around the border quilt next.  Not in these colors this is just a sample of it!



Lucy wanted to go to quilt club too!



Time to get ready for work so will post more about what I've gotten done in past couple days later.

ta ta for now!!

1 comment: