Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Catching up

Just taking a few minutes out of my day off to catch up on t-time happenings.  First, after my last post a few people responded to my question on my changing the name of my blog and I've decided to keep it!  I have used it for a long time so if it ant broke don't fix it right?

Sunday was my day off and I packed as much into it as I could.  First up my granddaughter spent Sat. night with me and Kevin.  Kevin picked her up so she would be here when I got off work.  Kevin took her to the grocery with him where he bought her what she called fuzzy sticks (we used to call them pipe-cleaners) Alexandria was very excited over them.  Just like her mamaw anything crafty to do makes us happy.  I showed her how to make a pair of glasses out of them.


isn't she just adorable?

We stayed up late (sorry Sara but remember what happens at grandma's stays at grandmas) and watched "Maleficent."  Great movie!  

Sunday, Lexy and I took off to do some shopping and went to Liberty Bell Flea market to get some dishes I saw out there that I wanted but guess what?  They were no longer there and the booth was even gone.  I was a lil sad about this I was so wanting to set my Thanksgiving table with them.  Maybe I'll find something better.  Then we ran to Warmglow and got a new candle.  In the fall and winter i always have a candle or two burning if I am home.  They have a electric one out there I'd love to get some time for my studio I can't burn the real ones in here because of the smoke gets on and in my machines but I have one right outside my door.  

After our shopping trip we got some lunch and then Lexy informed me I needed to take some time out and play with her... "Papaw said" so she told me!  That lil stinker whipped my butt at bowling.


Sunday evening we had some friends over for dinner and a Movie.  I made semi-homemade potpie yum  (yes Melinda I'll share the recipe with you)  Its very simple really but will share.  I also made a cherry cobbler.  Nothing special there just cherry pie filling with white dry cake mix sprinked on top and drizzle with melted butter and bake till golden brown on top.  Top with a scoop of icecream!  I did have a few bites yummo!  Oh what movie did we watch you ask?  "Tammy" I loved it I went to movies and seen it but so worth the second watch.  Melissa McCarthy cracks me up!

A Bonnie Hunter 2014 mystery quilt update:  Still prepping for the first step on the day after Thanksgiving.  I now have my aqua's ready, just need to get my green ready and I'll be set.



Well if I'm going to get any sewing done today I better get busy.  I am working on the backing first for my 5 yard quilt.  Then tonight Bonnie is having a live quilt cam and I will be tuned in and sewing along with her.  Keep a eye out I may post again later today about what I get done today~

ta ta for now 
and as always
Happy Crafting
Tina
 

No comments:

Post a Comment