Tuesday, November 18, 2014

I MISS HIM!

A few days ago it hit me that this day was drawing close.  Then I got busy and went on with life.  This morning I woke up with a heavy feeling in my heart and I knew It was because the day was drawing close.  Then it dawned on me that it was today!  Today, 8 years ago in the very room I am typing this in I had to say good bye to my daddy.



I miss him so much!  There is not a day that goes by that I'm not thankful for what he gave me while he was here.  His life was cut short due to cancer and the complications that the cancer and treatments was causing him.  When I think back to different times I remember that he was always and I do mean always there for me, for us.  He was a very hard worker and though he wasn't a man who told you he loved you or a huggy man you knew he loved you, in the way he took care of you the best he knew how.  We didn't always see eye to eye, times I didn't always agree with the way he handled somethings, by hey what child does?  My dad taught us to work hard, don't lie, or steal, rules I try to live by.  Dad also taught me that people were people, not a color, or a size, or anything but people some where richer, smarter then other but still just people.  I wish he was here to say and I quote "If I were you" or "I'm not trying to tell you what to do but if I were you."  I remember when I had surgery he came over almost every day and brought me lunch and took my dog out for me while Kevin was at work.  YEP MY DADDY LOVED ME!!  Even when there for a few years I shut him and my family out with many regrets of that now I knew, I always knew I was loved.


The one thing I never question was that I could always count on him no matter what.  He always made sure we had clean cloths, food on the table and was warm and healthy.  I can remember him having jeans and tshirts with holes in them and driving a beat up old truck so he could take care of us.  I remember him walking across Richmond one year he was layed off shoveling snow to buy us Christmas.  That year I got my guitar.


OH wow check out my sisters boots I'd love to
have them boots now!
I miss him so much.  I hated what I had to watch him go though that last year of his life.  But I'm thankful I was able to be with him and try to take care of him.  Never as well as he did us but I wanted to and I like to think he knew that.


LOVE YOU DADDY BEAR!!


tina



No comments:

Post a Comment