Saturday, November 8, 2014

Tis my busy time of year

I work at Joann fabrics and if I have to work (and don't we all these days for the most part) I love where I work.  I mean where else can one get to pet fabric and see what all everyone buying for projects.  But this can be a dangerous too!  It is very hard to not want to buy what they are so I can make it too!  As a quilter/scrapbooker/jewelry maker its very hard to not leave there at the end of the day with something!

This time of year is specially busy for our store.  People that have been in to get items for fall/Halloween projects are now returning to start making Christmas Gifts.  I don't have time to sew/craft as much right now with but boy my sewing/quilting bucket list is most def growing.  Here is one of the projects I hope to make in time to make a few to hang in my kitchen door way as a decor.  I want to make in a darker blue and cream.  I think I remember making these as a kid out of construction paper.  These are made with fabric and I'm thinking this may be a Thanksgiving project this year with my family.  Every year on Thanksgiving we have family craft time, granted some time the guys don't wanna join us but once we get there bellies full they will either give in and join us or hit the couch for a turkey endued nap.  

I went to a Quilt group I belong to "Wanna Bee Quilter" the other night and I now have a few more things add to that list.  This month was really fun, they had set up 6 tables and we were divided into 6 groups and took turns at each table watching 6 different demo's.  Super fun and yep more wanna do projects added to my bucket list.  LOL! 



 We also had regular monthly demo's and there are two I hope to get make this month to hang up for the holidays.  Here is a sample of them both.



This one is my favorite of the two its called a disappearing snowman and I'll probably make it first.



But first I have a few other projects I want to finish up and then I also need to clear the deck for Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt which starts the day after thanksgiving and once that begins I wont be working on anything else till I get that done.  I'm so excited to begin that quilt and love that this year I have some friends who are joining me.  But right now the projects will have to wait for another day cause it's time to go to work.  I am off tomorrow and going to spend some time with my mini me (Alexandria) and clean my room and work on a pieced quilt back for my five yard quilt.  Oh that reminds me I better get to work a lil early I need to buy some fabric to finish up that backing.  I ran out of the white.  

Craft something today and post it here for me to see!

Happy Crafting!
Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment