Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Back at it!

Our vacation was a good one we didn't go anywhere but we sure enjoyed our time off together.  We spent every minute that we could together and loved it.  Some people I've heard say I things about when they retire or their husbands that they will drive them crazy.  But I don't see that being our case at all.  We love spending time together and doing things together which was exactly what we did during our vacation.  We stayed up late and slept in, went antique shopping and spent time with family and friends.

But now, well now its back to work.   It dawned on us our first day back to work that between my schedule and his schedule that we won't have a evening together for 4 days or a day off together for weeks.  Kevin is off this weekend and I'm off the next when he is working.  But that is just the way it rolls sometimes not just for us but for many couples.

I also got some quilting done done while on vacation.  For one a friend of mine invited me over to her house where I got to learn how to use a quilt frame and a quilt machine and girllllllllllllllll or boyyyyyyyyyy let me tell you this chick is totally in love.  I'm not very good but wow is it fun and rewarding to quilt like that.  I first did a sample piece of fabric just to get the feel of the machine.



I practiced steppling and my signature swirls I do on everything from doodling to scrapbook and now my quilts.

After this practice piece I loaded my round robin from last year for my quilt group in greenville.  I peiced the center and then 5 other ladies added the borders you see.  Each taking it for one month and add on to this.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do with this yet I may find a wall to display it on for a while.  So here it is my first quilt done on a quilt machine.



I was so excited how it turned out.  A few boo boo's here and there but over very pleased.  I learned the hard way after having to rip a section out to remember always and I DO MEAN ALWAYS put the presser foot DOWN before you sew.

I've also now quilted my Christmas Quilt and I will show you that next It turned out pretty good for amateur.   My quilt holder is not home tonight or I would have a picture for you to see.  It amazes me how much faster and easier it is to quilt this way.  Like I said earlier.......... this girl is IN LOVE with quilting.

Someone posted this and It has become a great inspiration to me...  I am trying to do better about not being afraid to try new things and to go out and fly and be who I want to be.




Well only a few hours till my sweety pie will be home so I want to work on my mystery quilt before he come home and we can have some snuggle time.

Go create something!
tina

2 comments:

  1. I bought a long arm in September. I love love it. Glad you got to quilt your quilt. LOL! Looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy! It was a blast I'm so addicted. What kind did you get? I want one now sooo bad!

      Delete