Monday, January 12, 2015

January Vacation 2015

Thursday was the first day of my vacation.  I am so ready for the time off but sure wish it was warmer but just as welcomed.  I so needed this after our busy season at work.  What is even nicer is that my husband, Kevin, is off as well starting on Friday!  We've not had a lot of time off together for past few months so this will be nice and we've not had a vacation off together in well over a year.



What did I do on my first day?  I packed up my car and headed to my friend Linda's house where we along with Cathy spent the day sewing till 300p.m.  We had a great time. 

I got my Jan b.o.m. (block of month) finished for the Winchester quilt group I belong to. I was planning on taking them to group last night but it got canceled due to the bad weather.  I had a hard time picking out what fabics I wanted to use and I was also trying to pick from my stash.  


Day 2 was spent doing a lil Antique shopping at the Centerville Antique mall where I found two Friendly Village Plates to start my collection of them.  I want these to use during the winter months.  This collection may take me a while to get a complete setting but it will be so worth it and I love the hunt.  



While I was shopping Kevin and Bruce looked though records and picked a bunch of fun ones to buy!


Day 4 I spent in my room working on my Bonnie Hunter's mystery quilt!  I loved having some time to get to sew on a snowy winter day!  


I got my 100 Broken dishes blocks all finished for step one.  Now moving onto step 2.


Below you can see my leader's and ender's blocks are growing.  Each square I am using in these blocks are 1"finished.  It is going to be a miniature star quilt.


Last night we had some fun with some friends of our that came over to have dinner with us and play wii.  I totally stink at bowling but had a lot of fun.  Also Andy taught me how to make his yummy salsa.  So good!

Well it's a icy-snowy day here and I'm back in my sewing room.  I've started working on step 2.  Going to take a break in a bit and go out with Kevin I want to go to the store and get the fixings for chili.  Then plan on spending some time with him either playing a game or just snuggle on the couch and watch tv.  Even though its not warm enough for us to be out much I'm really enjoying our time off together this week. 

Make something today!
tina


2 comments:

  1. That is really awesome You and your hubby getting time. I haven't been able to start Bonnie Hunters mystery quilt. My business is taking off and I have been enjoying this tremendously. Quilting is so fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Would love to hear more about your business!

      Delete