Monday, November 25, 2013

Lil boy quilter



My sweet grandson Zachary was here for the night sat while his mom and dad celebrated their anniversary. I explained to the little guy that I had a lot to do while he was here and being Zachary he was very happy to "entertain himself" as he put it.  He did pretty good for a while but then got very interested in the quilt I was quilting on. He asked if he could try it.  I let him push the peddle for me and he would stop and start when ever is told him to.  That lil guy stood beside me for over a hour doing this.  Which for him to have is attention on one thing that long is great.  So have to ask would that be considered child labor?  Lol !  After he got tired of that he asked for paper and pencil and a little while later he came back with it and said here mamaw I made you a quilt pattern to quilt next time.  Below is a photo of what he gave me.  Keep in mind he is 7.


Pretty good huh.  So I am hoping to use this pattern and maybe make home a pillow out of it at least

Last night before bed I decided to double check make sure I have the correct rulers for Bonnie's mystery quilt. Ive just about got my cutting tabled cleared for it to begin on fri.  Sure wish she would give us a clue.  I'm excited to start


No comments:

Post a Comment