Tuesday, November 26, 2013

My first nine patch using the "Leaders and Enders"

I've been working on a quilt project and as I was trying to explain in the post below about Bonnie Hunters technique using the "Leaders and Enders" I was able to create this nine patch square that will patiently wait till I have enough to put together later on in another project.  I don't have a very big scrap selection yet but working one it :).  I have to say it was fun knowing I was working on two projects as one but really only focusing on the main one.  Kind-a like have a side job. 

To learn more about this you can visit her blog.  http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/leaders-enders-whys-and-hows.html   Tell her Tina sent you! 

I am hoping to order her book on this subject after Christmas. 

Here is the first of many 9 patch squares created as my "leaders/enders"  I made it using the 2" squares I cut up from the scraps as I was cutting out the main project. 

 
I bet you all are wondering what exactly is that main project..... sorry can't go there right now.  This Santa's helpers has secrets to keep and trust me my darlings that for me is not easy....nope not easy at all!!!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment