Monday, September 29, 2014

"TIME" #sissy&cousintime

Time is priceless!  Time controls us!  Time is what i need more of!  Time with family, time with friends, time to go on adventures, time to do all the projects of sewing and scrapbooking that I love to do.  But sometimes finding those "times" are very hard to do.  I've learned that in between work and life you just have to stop and make time!   Sometimes its that half hour before bed before you finally get to sit down in you space and sew just a few stitches, or write just a few lines in your scrapbook or load or print out a few pictures that you snapped that day!  They say money changes everything but for me its time I want more of!

Last Monday I had a wonderful time with my sister and cousin!  I took a pto day so I could go along with my sissy (Teresa) to visit our cousin Melinda for the day.  We had a great day we made pumpkin rolls and Teresa found us a great craft project to work on.

I've never made pumpkin rolls before because I thought they looked too hard.   Melinda proved me wrong, she showed us just how easy it was.  These are definitely on my cooking list the holidays this year!  


While the pumpkin mix is cooking you prepare your town covering it with powder sugar


While its hot from the oven Melinda shows us just how to flip it out onto the towel



Melinda demonstrates just how to roll, you then sit it aside to cool for about an hour


My sissy gets her pumpkin roll a go!


while the pumpkin cakes are chillin you mix up the yummy creamy filling


Its sooo hard not to want to sneak a bite of that yummy goodness!

Once the pumpkin cake is cool you unroll it and spread on the cream cheese filling



then you roll it back up

and TA DA!!!  You have your first pumpkin roll!  We made 5 of these and I brought two home.  I put one in the freezer but it didn't make it a week before it was brought out and shared with friends.  I've started a list of what all i need to buy to make some more for Thanksgiving!  Might try my hand at a red velvet ones next.


Our craft project of the day was these super fun and cute pumpkins made out of dryer vent hose.







This was a week ago today!  Sure wish we could do it again today!

Happy Crafting!
from T-times Closet!




1 comment: