Saturday, January 11, 2014

A LIL Break From Celtic

... but not for long.  I am so excited about some block of the month groups I've joined for this year.   Yes I now have 4 different quilt projects going.  But hey isn't that what us quilters do?  Am I right or Am I right?

One of them is for a quilt group I go to (well when I'm off work that is) at a local sewing center here in town.  Its where I bought my dream sewing machine from.  Your going to get a kick out of the name of this group.   Its called the "Strip Club" so I love telling people I am going to the "Strip Club" on Saturday mornings.  

Last year the group worked on quilt block of the months but I wasn't able to keep up due to needing to be at work when the group met.  But this year is going to be lot easier for me to participate even the weeks I can't be there.  We will be working out of a called "Six Halves Make a Whole Sampler"  The idea of the book is that you come up with a whole quilt using only 1/2 yard of 6 different fabrics.  You also use a ruler that is called the "House Ruler."  We will be completing one block out of the book each month.  Here is what each block will look like....



This is the fabrics I have bought for this one.  After I post this I plan on pressing, and start cutting the fabrics for the first block.


The next Block of Month quilt I'm doing is a Pat Sloan's.  The Quilt is called "Globetrotting" and we have started with the center of the quilt.  This first block Pat called "Washington DC."  Love it so far except I think I should have chose my pinks a little better they are too close in color and makes it hard to see the star in the middle.  Here is mine!  


The next Block of Month I am doing is also Pat Sloan doing the Aurifil b.o.m.  Here is my take on it I thought it would be fun to flip it and do the back ground in the color and use the white as the spools.  I also need to take apart that last seam I did and resew it.  It is a little wonky!


Last but not least I am still working on and enjoying Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt!  I've not made any more progress on it but plan on doing step four this week.  

In between I am continuing to make nine patches with 2" squares as my leader's and ender's thanks to what I learned from Bonnie on this I have now completed 30 blocks so far.  I love the idea of this I am making a quilt while working on another.  SOOOOoo cool and fun and amazes me how many blocks yu can get so quickly doing this.

wow wordy this update HUH?  Oh and if you are reading this would you please share it on your facebook page I would love to build up my "following" list!


Happy Quilting!!!

Tina








No comments:

Post a Comment