Wednesday, January 22, 2014

BUSY Busy!!!

I've not had much time for sewing so far this week.  I am really busy at work and pulling a lil overtime.  Not complaining just explaining.  I am loving it!  Our store, Joann Fabrics, here in Richmond is getting a remodel.  It looks a little messy right now and we are over running with stock to be put out as soon as the new fixtures are all set up.  I am loving all the changes so far already the store looks and feels bigger and brighter.  LOVE the new fixtures and the project manager is very nice and very easy to work with.  I can't wait for it to all be done though and we get back to running our store like normal.  Yes I'm weird.......... I LOVE MY JOB!!  If you know me you know its the perfect job for me!  Um and yes they do get a big chuck of my check back each week.



A CELTIC UPDATE!

Over this past weekend I did manage to get in some more sewing and I managed another Celtic boo boo!  Yes I cut my finger again with the rotary cutter.  Yes I am beginning to understand exactly why they make rotary cutting gloves!  Any way here if my progress from the weekend.  I redid step four and if you wondering why I had to redo step four just read the post before this one!  LOL!  But don't be sad that story has a happy ending!  

Step four all done:

Did ya notice?  Its all in the right colors this time!

And yes with getting step four done it gave me all the right finished parts I needed to try it out for that particular block for the quilt.

needs trimmed up a bit but otherwise I'm very happy with the results.  This is my very first really scrappy quilt and my very first with so many parts.  I think somewhere I read where when finish this quilt will have over 5000 parts in its.  I will have more on the stats later when I've completed the quilt.

Now moving on to STEP 5 

With working I've not had much time for this step so its going slow I try to at least get in a half hour after or before work each day.  Yesterday so did not happen though :(  But like I said I'm ok with that my job is worth it interrupting my quilting time. 

So I got all the parts cut out for step 5 and I have about 30 finished of the 100 of these I need to do.


So yep that is where I am at.  It's my goal to have these finished by the end of the week.  I may take a celtic break sat and do a little scrapbooking.  I have so many crafty loves I have to try to divide my time up on them.  I am hoping to sweet talk my sis into joining me.  

Here is a photo my granddaughter took of me Sunday when they were over for a bit.  LOL I think this was right before my trying to amputate my finger.  LOL


Um kinda glad for her angle though I hadn't done my hair or make up that day!  LOL!!!

Time to get ready for work and I hope to squeeze in that half hour of sewing as well.

Ta ta for now

Tee tee








No comments:

Post a Comment