Monday, January 6, 2014

A Quilty Christmas to you!

This year I've started quilting again.  I hadn't in many years.  It all started with a baby quilt and a 1600 quilt I made early this year.  If you've not made a 1600 quilt you so gotta they are super fun and fast to make.  Some call them the Jelly Roll race! You can find videos on you tube where they actually have races with these.  I saw one where they got one top completely finished in like 35 min.  This is the best one I found as a how to HERE.  From there I was off and running I so forgot how relaxing and fun making quilts was.

So For Christmas I made 8 quilts in total which I didn't even start untill late august.  But to be honest the quilts I made were easy and fast.  The first 5 were rag quilts, I'd never made one before and I just thought they looked so cozy I decided to make them for my grand children and my nephews.

this first one was Madisons... aka mamaw's cupcake!  She don't know it yet but this is going to be her favorite!

Below is more pictures of the quilts I made for Christmas this past year!


Tabitha with her 1600 quilt
                                                           Sara with her 1600 quilt
                                                                                  Josh
                                                                                Calebs
                                                                                Zachery


                                                                                Alexandria


my sissy before finishing
sissy opening her quilt 
I so enjoyed making these.  It was hard to not post pictures as I was making them which I'm addicted to doing.  Already planning on next years!

No comments:

Post a Comment