Saturday, January 18, 2014

Treadle Machine

A few months ago a friend of mine, Sharon Oler blessed me with a wonderful gift.  A treadle machine.  I posted a picture on facebook that I thought if would be fun to have a treadle machine and how I wished I had one like my mom's.  Not too long after I posted that she messaged me on facebook and said she just so happen to have one that she was going use the cabinet to re create a table out of it.  Sharon does this kind of thing all the time and has some wonderful pieces in a lil shop she owns.  Sharon sent me a picture of it and I was so in love with the machine and very excited about it.  Thank you Sharon for this wonderful you gift!  Sharon has a blog where she writes about her life living on a wonderful farm.  Sharon owns a shop in New Paris Ohio where she sells vintage furniture and other decorative and handcrafted items.  Some of which she redoes her self.  I love what she creates from items some would say was junk or to old to use.  She cleans it up, fixes it up, and or makes something entirely different then what it was intended to be.  Sharon is a very talented friend!  Here is her blog Hanna's Creek Farm

Here is the lovely machine that Sharon brought me~


I can't beleave how wonderful this machine is and how it has all of its attachments.  The Instruction book and even the warranty with it.





The machine just needs a belt and a lil tune up and it will be ready to start sewing on.  I even have a quilt in mind that I was planning to make with it as my first.  Something vintage looking and beautiful just like this machine is to me!  

I can not wait to play with it!!  Today we took a ride out to a lil Amish shop a few miles from here and while there I asked if they knew of anyone that works on Treadle machines and they did.  They gave us the name and directions so we rode out and found a the place.  Kevin went up and talked to them and they said if we bring it out they would be happen to fix it up for me!  I am so excited.  I've asked for this to be fixed for my Birthday this year.

now for what I call:  A CELTIC UPDATE:

Ok so yeah sometimes in my over zilous manner I can do some really dumb dumb stuff.  I was happly working on my Bonnie Hunters Celtic Mystery Quilt.  I had all of step four finished or so I thought I did and was taking this photo of it when I noticed something!!

Do you see it?  no not the blocks turned the wrong way.  Ok here is a clue each of the lil blocks is suppose to look like this.........
[cc4patch1%255B2%255D.jpg]

now do you see what is wrong and before you say anything I will tell you YES IT DOES MATTER on this one!!

Yep you guessed it COLOR is all wrong my "120" 3.5 blocks are suppose to be green and orange NOT blue!!!!  When my husband heard me fussing he came in and I showed him what was wrong and he wanted to know what would it hurt to use them any way.  Well it will hurt in this case because it makes a difference on how well the pattern will show in the finished quilt.

So what does one do with 120 four patch blocks they can't use in this quilt?  Well another Bonnie Hunter quilt of course.  Soooo here's the plan yes another quilt in the making.  I recently bought Bonnie's book called "Adventures with Leaders and Enders" and on page 66 she has a quilt called "Hopscotch, Butterscotch"  So yep another quilt begins :)  Just think this one is already 1/4 done  lol!!

Ok got ta go get my quilt on and make 120 GREEN and ORANGE four square blocks.  

HAPPY CRAFTING!
Tee Tee

7 comments:

  1. So envious of your treadle machine. I mentioned to my older sister I wanted one, and yep, you guessed it, SHE got one gifted to her. I had a much smaller goof on my CS - one of my chevrons is wrong... but since most of the points don't match so good, I started to leave it...nah, got to fix it. I considered myself an intermediate quilter, but this one has been a bit of a challenge for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful machine!! did you get her going yet?? I just got a treadle for a red eye I found not too long ago. It is a new and exciting adventure !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not yet I need a belt and decided to let someone else put it on and give it a tune up. I was a little scared I'd mess it up. I hope to get it to the Amish guy we found that works on them soon.

      Delete
  3. Tina, when I got that machine, and you posted that picture they were so similar. The machine started screaming at me " I want to go to Tina's " someone obviously loved it. And I know of no other that should have it but you. The kindest, coolest, crafter, quilter I know! Love and hugs
    Sharon
    I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way of making lemonade out of lemons. Your treadle looks like a treasure. I am getting treadle machine to fit in my empty cabinet, found out my sister has had one all these years and not using it so I'm taking it out of her cabinet for mine!

    ReplyDelete