Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Gettin there

I had a great day in ttimeland yesterday.  After I paid bills I got busy.  I got all the parts cut out for the 186 blocks using the tri recs rulers. 


When I was finished I had a lil party that included a hot cup of ttime-bucks.  My version of a Starbucks.  Good but could never compare.  Oh yes I'm very addicted to Starbucks.  I think almost as much as I am to Scrapbooking and quilting.  Ok back on track with more about my party.  Here was my fabric confetti that decorated the cutting table. Lol 

After I cleaned up from my lil party I found out that some quilters will put these in a jar to see how much confetti they create in one quilt.  I'll have to try that.  Might be fun and will make my hubby happy that I cleaned them up.  ;)

Once the party was over I got back to the business of sewing.  On a Facebook group of lady's I am in and very thankful for the support and encouragement and the things they are teaching me in there I found a post where they use a light grey thread to piece scrappy quilts with. They said that you don't see the stitches.  So I got me some and loaded up three bobbins the get me going.  Something else these wonderful ladies taught me was about "Best Press".  Love it love it love it.  Made a huge difference. And it smells good to boot.  So right now it's my new favorite.  

Ok back to work.  Next I sewed and watched "listened" to Christmas movies on hallmark channel.  I was able to sew on and finger press all the right sides to the triangles bothe the neutrals and the oranges. I couldn't go to bed without at least getting a block or two done so here they are...


Pretty happy with how they have turned out so far.  Thankful to Bonnie Hunter over at quiltville for taking time to have this mystery quilt for us.  I've learned a lot already and this is just the first clue. 

So off to my ttimeland I go to try and get just a few more blocks done before bed. 

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment