Sunday, December 8, 2013

LIL' Sewer Girl

Friday as soon as I got off work I went to pick up my lil mini me, aka princess, aka Alexandria my sweet granddaughter.  I also had bought her a lil sewing machine so she and I could spend the evening "sewing." 

On the way to my house I told her I have a surprise for her and she wanted to know right off what it was.  I thought I'd have her guess what it was and I told her it was pink and white and had something that goes up and down on it.   She said, "Oh I know mamaw its a sewler machine."  She is five by the way and has been working on a quilt that she been sewing together by hand.  I couldn't believe that lil stinker guessed it right off.  But she is smart like that!  She then asked me why didn't I save it till Christmas.  LOL!  I explained I wanted to have some sewing time with her this weekend and we can say it was a early Christmas present.... it was to me watching her excitement and just being with her. 


 
We dropped of something to Aunt Teresa at work and she went in and told her all about her "sewler machine." 
 
 
After supper we dug in and got busy.  Her working on her quilt and me finishing up step one of Bonnie Hunters mystery quilt.
 


So she went though 2 spoils of thread and sewed up until 10:00 almost non stop.  The thing about this machine that is a pain is threading it.  Wow how do they expect a child to do that is beyond me.  But then my machine does have a built in threader.  LOL

 
 
Saturday the first thing she wanted to do when she woke up was work on her "sewler."  But we got ready and I took her to quilt club with me where she show and tell about her sewler machine and her quilt.
 
 
I did get step one finished and have started cutting out part 2
 
 
 
time to quilt see ya later~
 
Tina

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment