Tuesday, October 7, 2014

33 Annual Harvest of Quilts

I've always scene online where people post quilts they've hung in quilt shows and I always thought how cool to be able to do that or even be apart of a quilt guild.  Well this past year I met a woman (Donna Apple) at after work while I was shopping for the fabric I would be needing for Bonnie's mystery quilt.  While we were talking quilts and our love of quilts Donna explained to me what had brought her in and that she had just left a work shop for a guild she belonged to.  I got excited and told her that I've always wanted to join such a group but hadn't found any in our area.  This group is the Towne Square Quilt Club and she told a little more about the group.  Donna and I exchanged facebook names and she introduced me to Linda who is also a fabulous quilter.   I found out more about the club and attended a meeting.  I've have found a group of wonderful new friends and have learned a lot from them.

This Friday and Saturday our guild is putting on a quilt show.  There will be beautiful quilts to admire and vendors to shop and our group will be having a store of items for sale as well.  There will also be a auction on Sat of a quilt and other handmade items.

The quilt show is at the Darke County Fairgrounds 800 Sweitzer St.  (st. Rt. 49), Greenville, OH 45331   It is Friday Oct. 10th.- 9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and Saturday Oct. 11, 2014 - 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.    Hope to see you there!!

I will be displaying 3 of the quilts I've made this year.  I'm very excited about this they are not the best cause I'm learning but I'm excited that I will have them displayed and hope they inspire someone else who wants to begin quilting.   Of course just as I was finishing binding my last one today I found a boo boo.  Opps!







Hope to see you there!

Happy Crafting!

1 comment:

  1. I noticed your Purple Passion and Celtic Solstice quilts at the show. Lovely work! I'm sorry that I missed your other quilt, but since there are sooooo many quilts there it isn't surprising that I missed it. I love the show and the fact that I now know someone who has exhibited a quilt there. Your Purple Passion was definitely an eye-catcher, and I saw many viewers checking it out. Good work!

    ReplyDelete