Monday, October 27, 2014

Grand Illusion prep:

Started collecting my fabrics this past weekend for Bonnie Hunters 2014 mystery quilt.  I happen to work at Joann Fabrics, yes some weeks I think I pay them to let me work there.  This past weekend we had a awesome sale going on.  Fat quarters .99 each plus my discount and 50% off the quilting fabrics by the yard.  So I made a dent in what I need for Bonnie Hunters mystery quilt.  I got my blacks and nautrals bought I think I now have enough of both.   What do you all think?  I decided for my nautral to stick to whites.  Does it look like I have enough verity? 
 
 
 
 I also got my pinks and my yellow.  When I held the yellow up to the card it matched the paint sample perfectly but now in this picture it don't looks so yellow.   Hope it's bright enough.  Like Bonnie planned in her quilt I decided to only use one yellow.
 
 
 
 
 I spent some time this afternoon ironing and folding it and adding it all to my container for this quilt.
 
 
 
I only need to get my teals and greens and I'll be all ready for the Grand Illusion.  Bonnie will be giving us our first step the day after Thanks Giving.  I'm so looking forward to getting started on it.
 
It was so funny this weekend while I was at work I had my paint chips stuck in my back pocket when a cutstomer noticed them.  She asked me if I was doing Bonnies mystery quilt.  I got so excited to talk to another Bonnie fan. 
 
Ok need to cut this short I want to work a lil bit on my five yard quilt. 
 
Happy Crafting
tttimecreations
 
  

1 comment:

  1. Your fabrics are pretty, your yellow is perfect!, & I also like that you are using the white prints for your neutrals. Looking forward to doing Bonnie's mystery also this year.

    ReplyDelete