Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Gettin my Hexie on

Just a quickie update this morning on where I'm at on what may become a life long project.  But I'm ok with that I will keep on keepin on till this gets done.  I love busy hand work.  I have this project in my purse all the time and I work on it every few minutes I can grab including my lunch break.  I just can't ever just sit my hands have got to be busy.  Here is what my travel kit looks like...

I use a small case that you use for storing 4 by 6 photos in, (from Joann Fabrics) it works out perfect for keep it all contained and keep my pieces from getting wrinkles in them.  


Inside I keep my lil' Gingher scissors, thimble for when my finger gets sore, cut fabric pieces, thread, and extra needles and my template.


Also in my purse you will find my new favorite thing the mini olfa cutting mat and rotary cutter.  Yes you heard me right in my purse.  Also a small baggy of fabrics ready to but cut and extra hexie paper pieces. 



I order my templetes from Paper Pieces  The paper piecing project I am working on right now is using the 1/2" hexies.  Yes it's tiny, yes I'm insane, and yes I LOVE IT!!!



So I'm sure you are ready to see what I've got done so far.  I've been working on this for a couple of months now and like I said its just a few minutes here and there so I'm not very far along.   You will notice that some of them have baste stitches and some don't.  Since beginning this project I've learned how to baste them so that I don't have to go through the paper or rip out the baste stitches anymore. 



 I am asking all of you that quilt and don't use those tiny lil' pieces of fabrics you have left over from projects to save them for me for my paper piecing scrappy projects.  Right now as you can see I need whites, yellows and greens.  But I've never met a fabric I'd turn down.  So there you go a life long project.  I'll post updates on this project from time to time so stay tuned.  I may also have a contest on naming this quilt with a lil prize involved.

HAPPY CRAFTING
from
ttimes closet

No comments:

Post a Comment