Monday, October 6, 2014

I fell in love this weekend

Yeppers head over heel in love!  With this vintage machine I spotted at Metamora, Not just one but I saw TWO!!!!  I hope to one day find one that I can afford!  The price tag on these were 700.00 and then the one in the picture was 599.99  I'm no expert on the cost of vintage machines but this seems extremely high to me!  My sissy took a picture of it and posted it on facebook and I copied it so I can come back to my blog and goo goo gaa gaa over it every now and then.  Just look at this beauty, its a Singer 221 featherweight from the 1950's.  It had all its attachments and case and even a can of machine oil.  I stared at it forever and then had to gently walk away!


I am also developing another new love.  Antique Flow Blue China!  I friend of ours collects it and after seeing theirs and leaning about the history and how to tell ifs it the real deal it has really sparked my interest.  Thanks Bruce for sharing with me your knowledge on this!  Your collection is amazing!  (photo by Dolores Monet)

For those of you that are not familiar with Flow Blue China here is a link where you can go read about it.  HERE  When shopping for Flow Blue you do need to know what to look for and not be fooled by what is known as transferwear.  Which is beautiful as well but once someone (like my friend Bruce) teaches you the difference you can tell it almost right away!  

We went to a flea market at I got off work Sunday and guess what I found?  I didn't get it but I'm thinking really hard about it.  It was a beautiful Flow Blue Plate.  The perfect start to start collecting them.  I did get another beautiful dish for just penny's to put on my table it is a iridescent bowl.  I first thought it was a stain but its not, its the iridescent of it.  I got this for .50 cents.  LOVE IT!


Ive been in serch of some tables for my living room and family room and we came accross one this weekend.  I talked them down :) Kevin is a very good teacher.  LOL!  

This looks great beside our love seat~  Now to find a lap and some prettys to put on it.


Alright time to get back to my quilt.  Just need to put the lable on it and it will be finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment