Monday, October 20, 2014

Bonnie's New Mystery Quilt!

I'm very excited that about time for Bonnie's 2014 mystery quilt! We now have a name and its the "Grand Illusion."



Last year I wanted to be a part of the mystery quilt so bad but I was very nervous and a lil scared on weather I could keep up or do very good at it.  Bonnie's quilts are very detailed and totally awsome and very scrappy (which I LOVE LOVE LOVE) I was a afraid it would be way over my head.  I think I've stated before that if I'd had looked at the quilt as a finished quilt I wouldn't have taken it on, I would have thought it too challenging for me as I'm not a newbie to quilting but was a very simple quilter, scared to think I could do anything beyond a nine patch.  I was self taught and totally taught myself wrong... LOL!!  Back to Bonnie's quilts... so I took it on and though I didn't finish it in time with some of the more seasoned quilters I did finish it and was very happy I did.  It turned out very nice and I learned a lot alone the way.  Bonnie explains each step and shows you how to do them and I have to say it was easy thanks to her wonderful teaching skills.  Again I have to show off last years quilts.  It is my favorite quilt to date that I've ever made 2013 mystery quilt...


Back to 2014 mystery quilt Bonnie has reveal to us the name "Grand Illusion" and has given us this years color and fabric requirements.  I've gone to Lowes and picked up my paint samples in the colors she has given us.  We will also be using blacks and neutrals.

I work in retail and have to work on Black Friday's (which I don't mind I think working black fridays are fun and saves Kevin money from me not shopping them LOL) which is the day Bonnie reveals the first step so I will be looking forward to that as soon as I get home.  

I would love it if some of you joined me this year in Bonnie's mystery quilt I think it would be fun to have someone I know doing this with me.  Here is the link if your interested... Bonnie's Mystery Quilt

I only have a hour left till I have to get ready for work so I think I'll work on getting my room cleaned up a bit,  Its still a mess from getting ready for the quilt show.  I am hoping for a sew day on Wednesday.

Hope you have a crafty day!


No comments:

Post a Comment