Tuesday, December 16, 2014

19 years ago "Somewhere"

19 years ago today my bestest buddy asked me to become his wife. I would without a doubt say "yes" again! We went to the Christmas Walk at Metamora and he tried all evening to find the perfect place to ask me. The evening was almost over and it was time for us to meet the kids in our youth group back at the bus. When he asked me to walk down one of the little roads that lead to a little "Old Chapel Church." There was a bench outside with a little Christmas lights around it, a very beautiful Christmas Scene. He got down on his knee and asked me right there to marry him. I started to cry but said yes over and over. Like any couple we had a hard time adjusting to life together, a good relationship is work but its so worth it when you meet and love a person who loves you back and you never doubt that love.

 Our song was a Barbra Streisand song "Somewhere."


 

Life was so busy for us between work and Church and raising "our" daughters (I say "ours" because he loved them just as much as any natural dad loves their children even though they were from my previous marriage) that at times it was hard for us to find time for just us. So we always said that "Somewhere" there would be time for us. After almost 19 years I feel like we've have recently found that time. We've learned to "make" that time, to take off for long rides either by car or on our bikes, long walks on the trail or curled up on the couch watching t.v, work on the house together or the yard or hanging out with our family or friends.  We have recently really begin to enjoy life more then ever with each other.  Life is too short to sit back and wait for your "Somewhere" or sometime to happen.  I really love where our "Somewhere" has gone lately, we spend more time then ever together and I am loving every minute of our life together.



Kevin,  I LOVE YOU MORE!  

1 comment: