Tuesday, December 2, 2014

A lil catching up

Last week was CRAZY busy!  As it was for all of you as well.  It was a very busy week for us at work as we geared up for the Black Friday!  Its a lot of hard work but I am weird I actually like black friday.  I love seeing all our customers coming in and getting good deals and hearing about the projects they want to make before Christmas for gifts.  I however was not thinking about the gifts I plan on making I was picking out last minute fabrics for Bonnie's Hunters 2015 Mystery Quilt.  She release the first step on Black Friday!

When I wasn't at work preparing for Black Friday I was busy preparing for Thanksgiving.  I did as much prep during the week as I could.  I really enjoyed creating our centerpiece and setting the table.

I used my mom and dad's old dishes this year.  They are Blue Willow pattern and I just recently learned the story the plate tells us.  Thanks Bruce I hope one day to have you write it down for me so I can post it for you all the hear it.  Loved the story.  I don't have the complete set of dishes but hope to find and add to it to make enough table settings for my family.

I took a old vase and painted a band of chalkboard paint on it and write on and filled it with crushed walnut shells and the fall flowers you see.  I also added a few sticks from my back yard.  I love to decorate and cook.  I'm not very good at it but really enjoy it.

My turkey turned out great this year.  I tried a recipe from a magazine I'd had for a few years.  It was a herb roasted turkey.  You put sage leaves and thyme under the skin and when it cooks you can see it though the skin making it look very pretty.




I was thankful for many things this year.  It would take me all night to write them all down.  But one of the things I am most thankful for is the time I spend with my family and friends.

At first Tabitha and her husband and my grandson Zachery were not going to make it this year.  But they ended up getting to after all and I so enjoyed it.  Zachery and I are having fun with the camera.  He is so silly!




After filling out belly's we got busy playing some a card game Bruce and Andy taught us.  It's my new favorite game now.  Its called "Hand and Foot."

I've started working on my first step of Bonnie Hunters qult that was released on Friday.  I've got all of my hst cut out and I am now in the process of sewing together 280 sets of them.

Well best head to bed I have to work in the morning

Happy Crafting
tina

No comments:

Post a Comment