Thursday, December 11, 2014

Grand Illusion Update

I finally got all of step 1 of Bonnie Hunters quilt cut out.  I've also got a few of the broken dishes blocks done.  Gonna have to play around and adjust my seam allowance a bit they are a lil off.  But will now set that aside and start on step two.  Bonnie suggests for us slower working quilters to do a few of each step at least to keep up with the group so that's what I've had to do.  Just not enough hours in a day.  With work and life going on.  But I do what I can when I can.  If your interested in doing Bonnie's free mystery quilt you can follow here...Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt

Here is my first lil block it's called Broken Dishes.  Can't wait to see what we are going to be doing with all 100 of these, 4 down and 96 to go on this one.



I will store each step on a cookie sheet till I can get back to it.  



I love doing this even if I am slow and not so perfect of a quilter.  But I'm learning and enjoy every step.   Last night I started cutting out step 2 and got 200 2.5 by 4.5 rectangles cut and 110 pink squares this morning.  I've decided since I am out of ink anyway to do step 3 of the 3 she choices she gave us to do.  Plus I love the idea of having the extra half square triangles to play with later.

Happy Quilting!
tina

3 comments:

  1. Pretty fabrics! It's going to look lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks look great! And what a good idea to use cookie sheets for the steps! I'm anxiously awaiting the next clue,,,,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! I think of Bonnie's mystery time as cyber social time more than completing the steps.

    ReplyDelete