Monday, December 8, 2014

Relaxing to go to the Antique Mall

Last Thursday I was off work and spent a good part of it with my friend Bruce at the Centerville Antique Mall.  It was like a mini vacation that I was able to travel though time and see all kinds of interesting items from all sorts of times.  Of course my interest was mostly for the china and quits and sewing items I found.  But I also saw many other items to admire and some I wished I had the room for.  Some beautiful cabinets.  One of which I horrified Bruce when I teased him that it would be perfect to house Kevins C.d collection.  That was so funny!  I really would love to have it to display china in.  But my house don't have the room.

Some of my favorite things I saw and dreamed of owning were some vintage sewing machines.  Did not find the exact one I hope to find someday and purchase but enjoyed these there was two I wouldn't mind owning to play around with and see if I could get them back in order to actually sew on.  

Here is a treadle that looked like it just needed a belt.  It looked like it would run good hand cranked it and it was really smooth running.  I couldn't get a good shot of it for it was displayed backwards.  Speaking of displaying I would love to go in there and play with displaying the booths for people that would be so fun!  Either one of these would be fun to play with.  



I also saw a early electric singer 99K.  I loved the look of it but from what I've read this one was a bit over priced.  They normally will sale around 40.00 to 75.00 ish.  This machine was first made in the 1920 though the 50.00.  It was first designed as a hand crank in the 1911's.  Although I like this machine it is heavy, and I would much rather find a vintage singer featherweight 221.




Now this sweet looking machine is not the featherweight I hope to find some day but it is one I would like to have to play with.... First it is green after all  :)  How could I not love it for just that reason alone.  It my understanding that the price the vendor had on this one was a great one and that it is a great machine to sew on.  The Elna and look it's GREEN!  LOL!


Next up was a Treadle Singer Leather machine.  I never knew there was such a thing.  How cool it this but I have to admit it didn't look very comfortable to sit at or maybe you stand.


Well that is all I'll post for now.  The next blog I will post a few pictures of some quilts i saw and then I'll share with you what I got.  

I still keep thinking about that green machine.  If I had the room for it and it was still there after Christmas I would get it to play with.  

Alright I need to head to bed soon.  Hope you all have quilty dreams
tina

No comments:

Post a Comment