Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Traditions

I love holiday traditions, some are old ones and I like to create new ones.  One I have kept for many years is decorating our home the weekend after Thanksgiving.  This year was no different so after work on Saturday Kevin and I picked up Alexandria and went shopping for our tree.  Last year we decided to get a real tree after Lucy killed our old artificial one the year before.  I have to say I LOVE having a real one in our house.  It looks and smells wonderful.  I just can't imagine not having a real one ever again, well at least until I get too old to do it.  Wait... who gets too old for Christmas?  Not me!

Ok back to Saturday!  We picked out our tree and brought it home and then took Alexandria with us to have some dinner and to go shopping for a few new Christmas decorations.

Below is a picture of our tree before we decorated it.  The tree is beautiful though not perfect and I love it that way.  The tree trunk is so crooked I thought for sure it was going to fall over.


We left the tree alone over night so the branches can rest a bit before we decorate and fall into place from being wrapped up.

Sunday morning we got up and got busy.  Opps I just noticed in the picture above that Madison's gift is showing.  LOL  Good thing she is only 1 1/2 and won't see this.

This tree ended up being a little bigger then last years and I almost didn't have enough decorations to go around it.  We ended up using about 900 lights on it.  I added my lights on a little differently this year.  I weaved them in and out and not round and round putting them deeper into the tree.  There is a diagram online that I found.  I will try and see if I can find it again and post it on here if the person  don't mind my doing so.


I also got made a couple of arrangements for top of my kitchen cabinets.  They turned out really pretty.  I made two in two different shaped tin containers.  


Below is a wreath I bought for my kitchen this year.  I saw it come into the store I work at and watched and waited till the price was right.


And what happens when you put feathers in your tree you come home to this.  Miss Lucy thought she'd help with the decorating by killing a few of the birds in my tree.  STINKER!


I have a few more things I want to add yet in my kitchen area and the bathroom so as soon as I do I'll blog a update.  Until then happy crafting!

tina

No comments:

Post a Comment